Global Website Privacy Notice
Last updated: May 2018
Please note that this Notice describes the collection of personal information that takes place generally on all Hager websites and the specific processing activities that take place on each Hager websites may be different. Therefore, some of the processing activities described in this Notice might not apply to the particular Hager website that you are visiting.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Notice.
The Website that you are visiting is managed by the local Hager affiliate (hereafter "Hager"), who is the data controller for all personal information that is collected via a Website.
1. Quick links
2. What personal information we collect and why
Information that you provide voluntarily
- your contact details: such as first and last name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, gender;
- details about the products/services you are using or interested in;
- credit card details;
- business contact details, including your business affiliation;
- CVs and job applications for online recruitment purposes.
Information that we collect automatically
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, preferences, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Information that we obtain indirectly from third parties
The types of information we collect from third parties may include: email address, details about your existing installation, etc. We use this information to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you, to provide technical assistance for the setting-up or maintenance of our solutions and to manage our customer account relationship with you.
3. For what purposes we use your personal information
- to create your account on our Website;
- to communicate efficiently with you and to answer any questions or queries you may have;
- to manage your online purchases on our Website;
- to administer and monitor the stability and performance of our Website in order to improve it;
- to ensure the content on our Website is relevant to you and is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to send you information or promotions on our products and proposed services;
- to subscribe you to our newsletter;
- to send you personalized advertisements that we think may interest you based on your preferences and your use of our Website;
- to notify you when updates of our Website are available and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- to understand your preferences and improve your experience and customer satisfaction when you visit our Website and our services;
- to carry out statistical analyses on the use of this Website and visit frequency; and
- for online recruitment purposes (please read the Jobs Application Privacy Notice that is available on our Website.
4. Who we share your personal information with
- to Hager affiliates, third party service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe such disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of complying with applicable laws or regulations, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
5. On what legal basis we process your personal information
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
6. Transfers of personal information outside the EU/EEA
Specifically, our Website servers are located in the EU/EEA, but we may share or give access to your personal information to Hager affiliates, third party service providers and partners who may be operating outside the EU/EEA (for example, we may use web hosting providers or cloud computing service providers who store or access your personal information outside the EU/EEA).
Where that is the case, we make sure that your personal information is transferred to third countries outside the EU/EEA that are deemed "adequate" by the European Commission (a list of adequate countries is available here), or alternatively, where your personal information is not sent to a country that provides adequate protection, we will put in place appropriate safeguards to guarantee that your personal information remains protected while it is being processed outside the EU/EEA in accordance with applicable privacy laws. These appropriate safeguards may include signing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses with the Hager affiliate, third party service provider or partner outside the EU/EEA with whom we share your personal information. For further information about transfers of personal information outside the EU/EEA, please refer to the "How to contact us" section below.
7. How long we store your personal information
Once the purpose for processing your personal information no longer exists, or the period of retention has expired, or if you ask us to delete your personal information, we may continue to store your personal information for a limited period of time if necessary to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we no longer have a purpose to process your personal information, we will make sure your personal information is either deleted or anonymised.
8. How we protect your personal information
10. What data protection rights you have and how you can exercise them
- You may request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information.
- You may also request that any personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete be rectified or completed.
- You may request that your personal information be erased under certain legal conditions (for example, where the personal information is no longer needed to achieve the purposes for which the information was initially collected).
- In addition, you may object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information under certain legal conditions.
- You have the right to opt-out of electronic marketing communications we send you at any time and free of charge. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.
11. External links
12. Updates to this Notice
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last update” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.